Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What I Mean

What better place to look for correct definitions of terms these days than Wikipedia. And they give me the following from H.W. Fowler in Modern English Usage in regards to irony:

Irony is a form of utterance that postulates a double audience, consisting of one party that hearing shall hear & shall not understand, & another party that, when more is meant than meets the ear, is aware both of that more & of the outsiders’ incomprehension

I intend the title of this blog to be ironic. Those who hear it and do not understand or believe I do indeed hate architects have totally missed the point.

1 comment:

kerri said...

The blog name also reminds me of a store in Columbia called Cromer's P-nuts. Their slogan is "Guaranteed Worst In Town". People are so curious, they have to come in and see what it was all about. I hope you get lots of curious visitors.